Sunday, December 03, 2006

New toys make me smile!!

Remember that feeling you got as a kid when you got a new toy? I mean, x-mas and birthdays had the potential to be fuckin'sensory overload, but it was also pretty exciting when you'd get a new toy for no reason, like your parents decided to be nice or you got your allowance and you bought yourself something fun. As you get older the type of "toys" that make you happy & excited change, that new GI Joe jeep just isn't as cool when you're 14, or 32. The point i'm getting at here is i got a few new toys this week, so apologies to my dick and my cell phone, but i've got new toys to play with.
Earlier this week i got my cable TV upgraded, from 30 channels to 60+. So far i've watched sports bloopers, Fame (the TV show), a reality show starring Flava Flav (from Public Enemy), some movies, and a bunch of old sitcoms. Yeah, I'm fuckin' loving it.
And this weekend was the motherload of new toys; a fuckin' laptop! I decided to buy refurbished (aka used) instead of brand new. I got what i wanted (plus more) and paid half the price. And Steve figured out how to set up wireless in the apartment, so now i'm surfing the net (instead of Surfing on heroin like the Forgotten Rebels).
I'm pretty stoked to get this computer, now i can search ebay for shit i probably don't need, read emails i probably won't respond to, download Lucero bootlegs, laugh at krazy cats on you tube, etc etc. Actually i also plan on updating this here blog a whole lot more now. Before i was tapping out short manifestos while at work, but now i'll actually have the time. Plus i gotta catch up to Tish and her blogging maddness. (http://tish-strands.blogspot.com/)
Plus now that i have a digital camera i can upload pictures whenever i want. I got big plans for this computer. One of those plans involves me getting a ipod, and another plan is to upload some of my vinyl.
Alright, i'm signing off now, technology calls me.