Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Is it smart to take a donut from a crackhead?

Here's my strange/funny story from last night; I went to the Lamplighter to see Carpenter play. The Lamplighter is in gas town on Abbott St., just off Hastings Street. This area is notorious for the amount of crackheads, and general poverty and fucked up-ness. After the show ended I started walking home and within a couple blocks i'd been called baby by at least 2 women asking for cigarettes, and I dodged a handful of zombie crackheads. As I get to the 7-11 by Tinseltown this female crackhead walks towards me and asks "can you spare some change?" and i tell her "sorry i don't have anything". She sticks her hand out towards me and says "then here you go...", my first reaction is to simply say "no thanks". But then she says "it's a donut", and after hearing one of my favorite words, without it realizing it, i was suddenly accepting a donut from a crackhead! After a quick thank you i continued walking down the street, looking at my hand that was now holding a donut and asking myself "are you really going to eat that?!". It didn't take long for me to decide that I shouldn't eat it, and at the end of the block there was someone asking for change and insted i offered him the donut, which he accepted.
The lesson here kids is DON'T TAKE DONUTS FROM CRACKHEADS.....and the other lesson is I really need to get my snack addiction under wraps because this episode shows that i don't use my head sometimes when it comes to donuts (and other tasty snacks)